Flexible inputs and output
Standard digital inputs consist of:
- XLR (AES/EBU)
- 2 RCA inputs
- optical input
- I2S HDMI input
- galvanic isolated USB input
We have implemented a unique fully flexible input and output system.
For example, the 2 RCA connectors can be combined to 1 single pro-audio standard input to allow DSD via BNC.
The XLR outputs can be converted to RCA via our custom made adapters, via the software the internal circuit than has to be changed to single-ended mode in order to maximize the performance.
Although the DAC212SE is fitted with enough inputs for everyday use, some users may require more inputs.
These can simply be added via an adapter cable, this allows for 4 more coaxial or 4 more BNC inputs or 2 more AES/EBU XLR inputs.
Intelligent fully customizable volume control.
Several options for volume.
- DAC mode: no volume control, when used as a digital to analog converter in an existing system.
- Pre mode: volume control, best when the DAC212 is used as digital pre-amp.
In the pre mode we have created 2 extra settings:
- Single volume setting: one main volume control for all inputs.
- Multi volume setting: separate volume control for each individual input.
Great when for example comparing digital sources.
It is also possible to set a maximum (and minimum) volume level, independent for headphone and XLR output.
The DAC212SE has independent +6dB gain setting for XLR and headphone output.
Very convenient for low efficiency systems or headphones.
Switching is done automatically upon connection or disconnection of the headphone.